This news report shows just how effective IsaGenix can be at not only helping you to lose weight and inches, but to feel energized and regain your health! If you don’t believe me, just try…
Product review in Korean on the Isagenix Cleanse for Life in Natural Rich Berry Flavor (powder, 96g canister) For more information on this product or to order, please visit: http://estherhong.isag…
Cleanse Day Schedule (thanks for the schedule Lisa): 8am 1 oz. Ionix Supreme 9am 4 oz. Cleanse For Life (CFL) drink 10am IsaDelight 11 am 2 Snacks/Nat.
http://cleansingweightlosssystems.com Order Isagenix Products Online. Do Isagenix Products Really Work? Here is proof that the Isagenix Products do work.
Read our take on this video at: http://www.isacleanse.com.au/isagenix-scam-or-not/ “Isagenix Exposed” was the ratings grabbing headline however all it …
http://wakefielddj.isagenix.com/ for more info. This video is the first 3 days that I experienced of a 9 day cleanse using the Isagenix Cleanse System. It is meant to inform with the feelings…
Follow me on Instagram @princesspunches Disclaimer – I am not sponsored by Isagenix, all opinions are my own. Allergy bonus! This product is soy and gluten …
Bacopa is an herb originally from India and a component of many ancient Ayurvedic formulations. Its use, dating back to 2,500 BC, includes a tonic formula to stimulate cognitive function and prolong longevity.
Numerous clinical studies have been conducted to evaluate bacopa’s benefits on brain health and cognitive function (1-8). Bacopa extracts have been clinically demonstrated to improve cognition, particularly speed of attention, in healthy individuals. Bacosides, key compounds present in bacopa, are being investigated for their neuroprotective effects and ability to modulate the brain neurotransmitters acetylcholine and serotonin (1, 7).
Nutritional Support for a Sharp Mind
Finding optimal nutritional support is a step in the right direction when it comes to preserving the brain health and memory of an aging population. Although several biomedical research groups are working on understanding brain function, designing a medicine for cognitive support has not yet been possible. Ancient practices have a different perspective and solution. For example, Indian Ayurvedic medicine has described alternative ways to combat mental fogginess and to slow down the brain’s aging process through a combination of herbs and energy balance.
An Ancient Nootropic Herb
Bacopa monnieri (L.) Wettst, is an ancient herb also known as thyme-leaved gratiola or brahmi (10, 11, 12). The plant is found in warm, marshy wetland areas, including India, East Asia, Australia, and the United States (11, 12, 13). Bacopa is a member of the plantain family, Plantaginaceae (4), a key ingredient in Ayurveda and Traditional Chinese Medicine (10, 12).
The ancient Ayurvedic books Caraka Samhita (2,500 B.C.), the Sushruta Samhita (2,300 B.C.) and the Indian Materia Medica, give account of bacopa’s many benefits as a tonic to support intellectual activity (10, 11). In modern scientific literature, bacopa is defined as a nootropic substance (11, 14, 15, 16, 17), from the Greek “nous” meaning “mind” and “trepein” meaning “to bend.” Nootropics improve cognitive function, particularly executive functions, memory, creativity, or motivation. This help protect the brain from chemical and physical assaults, and increases the efficacy of neuronal firing control mechanisms in cortical and sub-cortical regions of the brain.
Key Components Found in Bacopa
Researchers have found a unique chemical class of triterpenoid saponins, the bacosides, (16). Bacosides are unique to this plant’s genera and their content is used in the quality control of the herb (8). The physiological role that bacosides play in bacopa benefits is beginning to be understood (11, 16, 18). Bacoside A and bacoside B, steroidal compounds in nature, seem to be essential for the neuroprotective and neuromodulating effects of bacopa extracts (7).
Bacopa extract benefits are demonstrated in preclinical tests and clinical trials
Bacopa extracts have been reported to have many actions on in vitro and animal studies, protecting brain cells from oxidative stress and modulating the formation of essential brain chemicals (6, 16). Animals given bacopa extracts show benefits in motor learning, acquisition, retention, and delay extinction of newly acquired behaviors (16). Numerous clinical trials with bacopa have now been published (1-9).
Australia is the leading country on the clinical trials effort, conducting most recent randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studies under the supervision of Dr. Con Stough, director of the Swinburne Centre for Neuropsychology University in Melbourne and Director of the National Institute of Complementary Medicine (NICM) Collaborative Centre for the Study of Herbal and Natural Medicines for Neurocognition (2-6).
Australian clinical trials have shown bacopa benefits on human cognition and as a neuroprotective and memory enhancer (1-8). The combined results of these trials suggest bacopa works in complementary pathways in the brain providing an integral protection and neuromodulation, improving cognition (7). The mechanism of action of bacopa includes inhibition of free radicals responsible of causing harm to brain cells. It also works as both an inhibitor of acetylcholinesterase and as an activator of choline acetyltransferase, two key enzymes modulating brain’s activity (16, 18). The result is that the neurotransmitter acetylcholine is increased supporting a sharp memory and retention (16, 18).
Isagenix nutritional support with bacopa
Isagenix offers bacopa in both Ionix® Supreme and in IsaGenesis®, two key products providing optimal nutritional support to keep a healthy and active population with a sharp brain. These products provide different levels of bacopa extract aimed to help support your mental health.
- Stough C, Downey LA, Lloyd J, et al. Examining the nootropic effects of a special extract of Bacopa monniera [sic] on human cognitive functioning: 90 day double-blind placebo controlled randomized trial. Phytother Res. 2008;22:1629-1634.
- Benson S, Downey LA, Stough C, et al, An Acute, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Cross-over Study of 320 mg and 640 mg Doses of Bacopa monnieri (CDRI 08) on Multitasking Stress Reactivity and Mood, Phytother Res. 2013; DOI: 10.1002/ptr.5029.
- Downey JK, Nemeh F, Lau A, et al, An Acute, Double-Blind, Placebo-controlled crossover study of 320 mg and 640 mg doses of a special extract of Bacopa monnieri (CDRI 08) on sustained cognitive performance, Phytother Res., 2013; 27: 1407–1413.
- Stough C, Lloyd J, Clarke J, et al. The chronic effects of an extract of Bacopa monniera (sic) (Brahmi) on cognitive function in healthy human subjects. Psychopharm, 2001; 156: 481–484.
- Stough CK, Pase MP, Cropley V, et al. A randomized controlled trial investigating the effect of Pycnogenol and Bacopa CDRI08 herbal medicines on cognitive, cardiovascular, and biochemical functioning in cognitively healthy elderly people: The Australian Research Council Longevity Intervention (ARCLI) study protocol (ANZCTR12611000487910). Nutr J, 2012; 11: 1–9.
- Morgan AM, Stevens J, Does Bacopa monnieri improve memory performance in older persons? Results of a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind trial, J Alternat Complement Med, 2010; 16: 753–759.
- Stough C, Scholey A, Cropley V, et al. Examining the cognitive effects of a special extract of Bacopa monniera (sic) (CDRI 08: KeenMind): A Review of Ten Years of Research at Swinburne University J Pharm Pharm Sci 2013;16(2): 254 – 258.
- Kongkeaw C, Dilokthornsakul P, Thanarangsarit P, Limpeanchob N, Scholfield CN. Metaanalysis of randomized controlled trials on cognitive effects of Bacopa monnieri J Ethnopharmacol. 2014;151(1):528-535.
- Kean JD, Downey, LA, Stough C. A systematic review of the Ayurvedic medicinal herb Bacopa monnieri in child and adolescent populations, Complem Ther Med, 2016;29:56-62.
- Nadkarni KM, Nadkarni AK. Dr. K. M. Nadkarni’s Indian materia medica: with ayurvedic, unani-tibbi, siddha, allopathic, homeopathic, naturopathic & home remedies, app. & indexes. 3 ed. Bombay, India: Popular Book Depot; Popular Prakashan; 1982.
- Nemetcheck MD, Stierle AA, Stierle DB, Lurie DI. The Ayurvedic plant Bacopa monnieri inhibits inflammatory pathways in the brain, 2017, Ethnopharmacol. 2017;197:92–100.
- Williamson E. Bacopa monnieri In: Major Herbs of Ayurveda. Churchill Livingstone; 2002, 321-325.
- Tropicos, The Missouri Botanical Garden databse, Accessed Mar 22, 2017 at: http://www.tropicos.org/Name/29202063
- Russo A, Borrelli F. Bacopa monniera [sic], a reputed nootropic plant: an overview. 2005;12:305-317.
- McPhee GM, Downey LA, Noble A, Stough C. Cognitive training and Bacopa monnieri: Evidence for a combined intervention to alleviate age associated cognitive decline. Med Hypotheses. 2016;95:71-76
- Aguiar S, Borowski T. Neuropharmacological review of the nootropic herb Bacopa monnieri. Rejuvenation Res 2013;16(4):313-326.
- Abascal K, Yarnell E. Bacopa for the brain: a smart addition to Western medicine. Altern Complement Ther. 2011;17(1):21-25.
Whether you’re new to Isagenix or a longtime product user, chances are you’ve heard about the Bedtime Belly Buster (BBB). The BBB is one of our most popular product combinations and can be a great tool to help you break through weight loss plateaus and achieve health and fitness goals.
With the launch of our new BBB bundle, we’ve had a lot of questions come in regarding how the BBB works. That’s why we’ve compiled this FAQ, so you’ll have the answers to your questions about the BBB all in one place!
What Is the Bedtime Belly Buster?
The BBB combines high-quality protein and Isagenix Fruits or Greens to make a “night cap” at the end of your day. Simply blend or mix the core components listed below with any of the optional products you choose and enjoy this satisfying, high-protein treat! The BBB is best when enjoyed 30-60 minutes prior to bed.
The BBB Core Components:
The following complementary products are also commonly taken with the BBB.
BBB Optional Products:
Together, these BBB components are designed to satisfy late-night cravings while helping you get your rest. This, in turn, can help keep you on track to release stubborn belly fat. For more information on how the BBB works to help support your goals, read this article.
If I had a late dinner, should I still do the BBB?
For optimum absorption and utilization of the high-quality whey protein that IsaPro provides, it is best to consume the BBB an hour or two after your last meal. If you enjoyed a late meal rich in protein and this timeline does not fit your schedule, then it may be best to skip your BBB on this occasion. On a Shake Day when you have consumed more calories than planned, it may be best to skip the BBB on these nights as well (if you’re new to Shake Days, see this video here).
Can the BBB be done on a Cleanse Day?
Isagenix does not recommend incorporating the BBB into your Cleanse Day. Remember, a Cleanse Day is based on the science of intermittent fasting. The goal of a Cleanse Day is to consume as little as possible within your own personal limits while receiving nutritional support from Cleanse for Life® and a few select Isagenix products. The BBB would unnecessarily increase your calorie intake and not support the goal of your Cleanse Day. It is best to save your BBB for Shake Days.
Does the BBB replace a meal?
The star product of the BBB is IsaPro – a high-quality whey protein supplement. IsaPro is not a complete meal replacement like IsaLean™ Shake and IsaLean PRO Shake. For this reason, the BBB is not considered a meal and should not be used as a meal replacement. The BBB is simply a nightly addition to your routine and is designed to support your overall weight wellness goals.
Who should do the Bedtime Belly Buster?
Anyone who has hit a weight loss plateau or who is struggling with late-night snacking can benefit from the BBB. When used in conjunction with the Isagenix Weight Wellness System, the BBB can help you stay on track with your weight wellness goals.
Athletes, or those who are working to tone up and build muscle, can also benefit from this late-night dose of whey protein before bed to support muscle recovery and growth. Athletes may even want to increase the BBB serving of IsaPro to two scoops for maximum results. For more information on how athletes can use the BBB, read this article.
Won’t having the BBB right before bed cause weight gain?
Late-night snacking is often pointed to as a cause for weight gain. However, researchers point to the nutritional quality of a bedtime snack as the determining factor in its effect on your waistline. Consider that many people reach for less nutritious options like ice cream and chips to satisfy late-night cravings. Research has shown that consuming a low-calorie, high-protein snack 30-60 minutes before bed may increase metabolic rate and even decrease early morning hunger. For more information on this study, read this article.
How long should the BBB be used?
There is no limit on how long you can keep the BBB in your nightly routine. Supplementing with the targeted nutrition that the BBB provides prior to bedtime can be incorporated into any lifestyle geared toward health and wellness for as long as you desire.
How many scoops of IsaPro should be used?
The BBB was originally intended to help product users break through weight loss plateaus and get rid of those last few stubborn pounds clinging to the belly. With this goal in mind, the BBB was created with one scoop of IsaPro to provide 18 grams of quality protein at a calorie level that can easily fit within a weight loss system. However, for athletes and individuals who are working to build muscle, the research points to added benefit from around a 40-gram serving of whey protein, or two scoops of IsaPro prior to bedtime for added support for muscle protein synthesis and recovery from heavy workouts. You can customize the way you use the BBB to fit your goals by using one or two scoops of IsaPro.
Do I have to include Fruits or Greens in my BBB routine?
While Isagenix Fruits and Greens are part of the core components of the BBB due to their great taste and phytonutrient content, you can always substitute Ionix® Supreme, a sprinkle of AMPED Hydrate, or even additional IsaPro instead. As long as the high-quality protein is consumed 30-60 minutes before bed, the BBB can still be effective in supporting goals.
http://onlinebusinessinsingapore.com Everyday we’re exposed to toxins in the food we eat, the air we breathe, the water we drink and the items we touch. Cleanse for Life helps give your body…